Friday, January 4, 2013

1/3/2013 - Another Day Not Lifting

Between the new 4 day split for my strength training and the class offerings at the gym, I decided to hit yoga today. I haven't been in a while and I definitely feel the benefits when I go.

It was a good class. Not many people and I was made well aware by my body that I have been putting off flexibility exercises for far too long. One thing that caught me off guard was how much fatigue I was noticing in my shoulders. I routinely do some pretty serious shoulder work and count the strength and range of motion of my shoulder joints as a one of my strong suits, but downward facing dog was kicking my ass.

On the plus side we did some new combinations and some pretty decent standing and balance work.

Lying Leg-Hip Raises 25 x 4
60 mins of active yoga

Still wicked cold out. Too cold to go too far outside, so I hit the elliptical at work.
50 mins elliptical

No comments:

Post a Comment