Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday February 12, 2013



190.0

Yup, back to 190 exactly. Nothing like swelling up like a sponge every weekend. This weekend I’m going to time my water consumption so my intake is just like a work day, if only to save myself the drama of weight gain.

It happens frequently, and I always know why it happens and how it works, but every single time it happens I second guess myself. I beat myself up. I feel ashamed. I try to figure where the 3-5 pounds could have come from, knowing all the while that it’s just water. I get down on myself. I feel lazy for taking a rest day, then I get antsy and end up getting some kind of workout in. So much for a relaxing weekend.

I have had this reaction for as long as I have been mindful of my weight. It was even worse when I was running distances and my weight could swing 8 to 12 pounds over a weekend and my hunger was being driven by 1200-2200 calories of exercise. Nothing like being bloated and starving.

Luckily it’s Tuesday. I’ve gotten over the beginning of the work week, and I have also started the new program. The next four days will be business as usual between the gym and work with my schedule being driven like clockwork. It this week is anything like the last few weeks, I’ll be feeling my leanest on Friday morning (hmm, wonder why I react so strongly to weekend water gain?).

So today was Day 2, Chest & Abs. I was happy for the chance to work something other than legs. It was almost a week since I did any chest. My legs and hips were nicely sore today (I actually appreciate some tightness in my hip flexors, its keeps me mindful of my of the work I did the previous day. The chest workout was good. Royce’s pointers have helped my form quite a bit. Barbell bench was a solid push. Dumbell chest press left me feeling a nice stretch through my chest. From there on out, it was like I lit a fuse. Incline presses and flys just wiped me out. Each set felt like burnout and ended in rep failure. It felt good to finish each set at failure, knowing I had given it my all, but seeing the weights go down was humbling. Now that I’m a few hours out, I can feel it. It feels like work. Good work.



My macros for Tuesday were just about the same as Monday, as I ate the same stuff. Just sub out spaghetti squash for acorn squash and drop the green beans at dinner.
 

Workout: Chest & Abs
5 Minute Warm up - run
Bench Press      135 x 2 x 15, 155 x 12, 165 x 10, 175 x 8, 135 x 8
DB Chest Press     55 x 12, 60 x 10, 65 x 8
Incline DB Press     55 x 9, 50x 8, 47.5 x 11
DB Flys     47.5 x 9, 42.5 x 10, 40 x 10
Decline Sit-Ups     3 x 25
Seated Knee Tucks (Bench)     3 x 25
Stability Ball Crunches     3 x 25
Lying Leg Raises (Floor)     3 x 20

No comments:

Post a Comment