Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday February 13, 2013



191.0

Was completely cranky last night. More in a bad mood than tired and not at all happy. Probably an indicator that I was pushing my CNS. The girls hit the gym, so I ate some leftovers, cleaned up, and worked to have dinner ready for them when they got home. I was in bed before 9:00.

Feeling stiff and sore this morning (and the rest of the day for that matter). Really solid workout. Didn’t hit rep fails like I did yesterday, but pushed myself. I hadn’t used the cable machines in a while, but I was confident that I have continued to build since using them, so I jumped back to 14 for lat pull downs for my warm up set and used 15/16/17 for my working pyramids for lats and rows. 16 and 17 exceed my body weight, and it made me chuckle to have to wiggle my legs under the t-bar and pull myself into starting position using my legs.

HIIT cardio on a treadmill was a first for me. It was hard to shift down to walking after starting the run, as I’m so used to just running. 146 was also a weird heart rate for me. I’m used to either below or way above. Either way, it was a good workout for 25 mins (and that’s coming from a guy who considers that runs begin at six miles).

Now I’m pretty used to grinding out solid workouts on a regular basis (doubles, triples, even a few quad workout days) and I’m also used to working out seven days a week, but I have never, ever looked forward to a rest day like I’m looking forward to tomorrow. And as much as it is supposed to be purely “rest”, I think I need some yoga to loosen up.

Back & High Intensity Cardiovascular
5 Minute Warm up - run
Lat Pull Down     14x 2 x 15, 15 x 12, 16 x 10, 17 x 8
Bent-Over Barbell Row     45 x 15, 95 x 12, 115 x 10, 125 x 8
Seated Row (V-Bar)     15 x 12, 16 x 10, 17 x 8
BOSA Dumbbell Row    75 x 3 x 12
Lower-Back Hyperextensions     BW x 3 x 12
Cardio- 25 Min. @ 146 BPM (treadmill intervals, run 3, walk 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment